Sunday, September 2, 2012

They say it takes 30 days of practice to either break a habit or create one. So here goes nothing! My intentions are to post frequently and create daily. My latest project involves old cigar boxes. I love their smell and the idea you can stash almost anything inside of them. I took a free class with Mystele and began making portraits of women using a technique called gut art which is pretty amazing. I've created over 20 mini portraits and now I have to apply them to a surface and I'll use the cigar boxes that I've had taking up space. If you haven't heard about Mystele check her out you'll be amazed. I began following Mystele at Studio Thrive. Her folk art paintings are brilliant - her painted ladies are quirky, soulful and beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. join 29 Faces September and you'll have to post regularly ! I love your box, I have a thing for boxes ;) haven't "seen" you around for a while....been to visit the Trodden Path yet ? I teach my Fresco class there now ! http://thetroddenpath.ning.com/group/fresco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce,
    Yeah I haven't been around. My Mom passed on April 3 and I've been, well you know, in a lull. I'm sad. But I'm getting back in the swing of things. I'm a member of The Trodden Path but haven't spent much time there. There is so much to do and only one me. I'll visit soon.
    I have been seeing people post faces everywhere will have to join in on the fun.
    I'm involved in a journaling class over at suzi academy and Life Book at Willowing and Art Friends. Oh, and I've been visiting Studio Thrive with Mystele one of my new favorites. Thanks for commenting, Joyce :)
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete