Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I finally finished my first page of "Life Book". I don't think the light in this photo is a good representation of the color. The color is brilliant and shimmery because I used shimmering H20 paint on top of the first layer of watercolor. I'm pretty happy with it but think the words on the right are a bit redundant and maybe should have left them out. However, I'm loving the color under the words.
I was trying to think of a cleaver way to put the words down on paper and thought hard about a background. My inspiration came from a book I purchased on Amazon called,"Doodles Unleashed: Mixed-Media Techniques for Doodling, Mark-Making & Lettering" by Traci Bautista. It's full of inspiration and beautiful images. I'll be playing around with her techniques more in the very near future.
One last image to show. I have been playing around with color and lines and made this piece a few days ago. I love how it looks childlike and fun. I didn't have a set plan - it was experimental and I really love the outcome.
My paint-over project "the beginning"
She is just about finished right - all she needs are words. I've written a poem and I'll add a portion of it to this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment